University of British Columbia
Master of Arts: English Language and Literature May 2010
University of New Hampshire
Bachelor of Arts: Classics; English Literature December 2006
– Magna Cum Laude
– Minor in Musicology
Teaching and Publishing Experience
Instructor, Bow Valley College – 2015-Present
– English 1101: Fundamentals of Written Communication
– English 1201: English Composition
Sessional Instructor, University of Calgary – 2017-Present
– English 201: Approaches to Literature
Research Assistant, University of Calgary – 2016-2017
– Designed a web site for Aritha van Herk based on research in the U of C archives
to visualize and organize the relationship of place, space, and geographic movement
to the life and works of Robert Kroetsch.
Teaching Assistant, University of Calgary – 2014-2017
– English 302: Introduction to Contemporary Theoretical Practice
– English 340: Literature in English from the Middle Ages to the Present
Instructor, The Princeton Review – 2015
– MCAT: Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS)
Content Writer/Subject Matter Editor, Pearson Publishing – 2013-2014
– Composed and edited the following supplemental material for various textbooks:
* Sample lectures and corresponding PowerPoint presentations
* Sample seminars, in-class assignments, and homework assignments
* Quizzes and final exam questions
Adjunct Professor, Wentworth Institute of Technology – 2012-2014
– English 100 – Freshman Composition
– English 115 – Literature and Composition
– English 130 – Survey of Western Cultural Movements
Instructor, ITT Technical Institute – 2010-2014
– Strategies for the Technical Professional – College Success
– Composition I – Developmental Writing
– Composition II – Rhetoric, Argument, and Persuasion
– Written Analysis – Critical Analytic Writing
Tutor, Boston Tutoring Center – 2010-2012
– High School Composition, Literature, Math, and Latin
Teaching Assistant, University of British Columbia – 2008-2010
– English 110– Introduction to English Literature
Substitute Teacher, Dover High School – 2007-2008
– English, Latin, History
Committees and Appointments
Co-Chair, Free Exchange Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference: University of Calgary, 2016-2018
Co-Chair, English Graduate Colloquium: University of Calgary, 2014-2015
New Faculty Advisor, General Education: ITT Technical Institute, 2012-2013
Campus Effectiveness Plan Committee: ITT Technical Institute, 2013
Web Designer, Builder, and Editor, Robert Kroetsch Places, 2016-2017.
Editor and Transcriber, Digital Dinah Craik, TAPAS Project, 2015.
“The Tyrrany of (W)rote: Archival Intertextuality in Robert Kroetsch’s Fiction.” Canadian Literature Symposium on Robert Kroetsch. University of Ottawa, Ottawa. 28-9 April 2017.
“He Said You’re All Assholes: Magical Realism and Hermeneutic Absurdity in Robert Kroetsch’s What the Crow Said.” Western Canadian Studies Conference: The West Before (and after) the West. University of Manitoba, Winnipeg. 5-7 November 2015.
“Philomela Weeps for the Rheingold: Myth and Nationhood in T.S. Eliot’s The Waste Land. ”Endnotes. University of British Columbia, Vancouver. 16 April 2010.
“The Wunderkammer Stage: The Increasing Role of Spectacle in Post-Shakespearean English Drama.” 6th Annual Medieval and Early Modern Institute Graduate Student Colloquium: Martyred Bodies and Religious Communities. University of Alberta, Edmonton. 26-27 February 2010.
Classical Latin – Reading fluency
German – Intermediate reading and speaking proficiency